Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, February 24, 2012

On Balance ~ Katrina Kenison

I've been thinking, praying, and striving to have a more balanced life. I think finding the right balance means different things at different seasons. I also think this is a challenge for many people, particularly women.

 Here is a great quote by Katrina Kenison on the subject:
“A balanced life has a rhythm. But we live in a time, and in a culture, that encourages everyone to just move faster. I'm learning that if I don't take the time to tune in to my own more deliberate pace, I end up moving to someone else's, the speed of events around me setting a tempo that leaves me feeling scattered and out of touch with myself.
I know now that I can't write fast; that words, my own thoughts and ideas, come to the surface slowly and in silence. A close relationship with myself requires slowness. Intimacy with my husband and guarded teenage sons requires slowness. A good conversation can't be hurried, it needs time in which to meander its way to revelation and insight. Even cooking dinner with care and attention is slow work. A thoughtful life is not rushed."
― Katrina Kenison, The Gift of an Ordinary Day: A Mother's Memoir

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ideas, questions, and comments are welcome!