The word of God is filled with precious promises of peace, joy, healing, deliverance, provision, direction, help, salvation, hope etc. Nevertheless, we can only access these promises by faith.
"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
If you're like me, your faith could stand to be built some more! There are certainly areas in everyone's life that look dark and grim. There are circumstances that seem permanent and impossible.
We all have areas in everyone's life where we could stand to renew our mind, so we can think like God thinks. Hence, we need to read and speak the word of God over these situations if we are going to build our faith and/or renew our minds in these areas!
Hence, I'm inviting you to join me in the Declare Your Own Victory: 30-day Challenge!
How it will work:
1. Buy some index cards (and/or make some using card stock or paper).
2. Get 1 area that you want to build your faith in/renew your mind in and write the scriptures/biblical promises about that area on your index cards.
3. Between Jan 1, 2010 and Jan 30, 2010, take your index cards with your versus everywhere you go.
4. Speak the scriptures you have written on your cards several times everyday and praise God everyday for whatever you are believing Him for , no matter what is actually going on in the natural!
5. On Jan 30, 2010 write a post on your blog about something God has done in you or in your life as a result of the challenge!
If you are interested in participating in this challenge please leave a comment letting me know what area you are focusing on. You can be as general or specific as you want.
p.s. I will be meeting with some other friends and family who are participating in the challenge at the end of the 30-days to testify and hear about what God did as well. I'll be sure to share with you what happens!