Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tis the Season

2885684265_e3d0064340

Tis the season for miracles, right? And who can't think of at least one situation in which they could use a miracle?

I'm sure we all could use our own fair share of miraculous, against-all-odds, way-out-of-no-way, acts of God. Nevertheless, many times, in order for us to experience something miraculous, we must choose faith over facts.

Hebrews 11:1 says,

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.(NIV)

On the other hand, a fact is,

Knowledge or information based on read occurrences.

Facts are based on what we can see. Faith is based on what we can't see. Faith chooses to "see" what is not there.

Faith doesn't make sense. It is not logical. It goes against all of our senses, and simply believes the unbelievable.

I can remember times in my life when I needed faith, and (lots of it!) in order to receive certain blessings and promises from God. When I look back, now that God has already brought the things I was believing him for to pass, I think "Wow! How did I get the faith for that!"

I remember that during those times, I was focused and determined. I had my eyes fixed on God and who he was, not the facts and what things looked like. I spoke God's word and I praised him for doing what I was believing him to do before he actually did it!

Sure, I looked "crazy," at the time, but it was well worth it.

Often times, those kinds of experiences with God secure your faith and love for him and cause you to grow beyond what you could have ever imagined.

What are some times you've had to choose faith over facts? What happened? How were you able to build your faith during that time?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ideas, questions, and comments are welcome!