Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 20, 2012

Fabulous Friday


Photo Credit
Happy Friday friends!

I am giving myself a pat on the back this week for finally organizing my bedroom closet, creating a bag of clothes to donate, and for catching up on laundry!

Hubby and I are looking forward to a week of celebration! We are celebrating, in part because we found out that 2 of hubby's students are recipients of the Gates Millennium Scholarship! This is a great accomplishment and I couldn't be more proud hubby and his students.

We will also be celebrating by birthday party-hopping with friends this weekend. It doesn't get much better than good friends and good food, now does it?

Here are my Friday Finds:

Web Finds...

- Are you in need of a cute pair of flats for the Spring? This post might help!

- I added some kick to my green beans this week by trying this recipe. My family enjoyed it. Yours might as well!

What I am finding about mothering ...

- I am finding that the shopping trips I take with the kids by myself to be more smooth. Could this merely be because they are getting older? Have I found new grace? I'm not sure.

Don't get me wrong, I can't go at a shopping trip for a long period of time or without much preparation. Everyone must first be properly fed, changed, rested, and threatened instructed beforehand. Still, these trips are becoming more peaceful and enjoyable. If you have small children, you know being able to have a peaceful shopping trip by myself with all the kids is a BIG DEAL. Are you thinking you might need more on that subject? I actually found an article called Tackling the Town with Kids in Tow.

Book Find...

I have finally ordered and received my copy of Managers of Their Homes by Steve and Teri Maxwell.
I have friends who have had much success with it and I have been thinking about buying it for years. So, I can't wait to get started with it! Have you read it? Have you found it helpful?

Wishing you an wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ideas, questions, and comments are welcome!