Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 22, 2011

In which Facebook and I Reunite

Do you remember when my relationship with Facebook went sour? Well...we've reunited.

I know. I know. But, you felt so strongly about your decision, you say? I did! However, a lot has happened since 2008! One of the most important things being that Facebook has some serious privacy settings now. And I do mean serious. You can have a Facebook account and put the equivalent of an electronic padlock on it, if you so desire!

I have some friends who have done that. They cannot be found in the search engine and only use the site to keep up with their loved ones who are out of town. I have to contact them by phone in order to get them to go into their account, just to allow me to send them the electronic friend request! It is so much easier for any user to limit who and what they see/don't see to whatever level they are comfortable with. Consequently, many of the reasons why I decided to get off the site before are able to be eliminated.

In addition, not only has the site changed in terms of settings, but the people have changed! Back when I had a Facebook account, the people I knew on Facebook were primarily college-aged, young adults. But now, everybody and their grandma(literally) has a Facebook account! I have many more friends, family members, and other loved ones who are out of town, that use the site regularly that were not on there before. By being on the site, I am able to see and share pictures and comments with them on a regular basis.

And there you have it. Are you on Facebook?...Wanna be my friend;)

4 comments:

  1. yes i'm on facebook and have serious settings too as I use it to keep the grandmas updated on little Ethan. Like Facebook A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be your friend on Facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sandra- Thanks:) I'll look you up!

    ReplyDelete

Your ideas, questions, and comments are welcome!