Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Made for More

I've been reading bits and pieces of Lisa Osteen Comes' book; Made for More. She is very inspiring. Even the introduction hits in a powerful way! Here is a quote:


"'You've encountered many struggles in life, so I can only think that God must have big plans for you.'

My father said this to me...He knew that just because I'd know tragedy I wasn't a tragic figure, that just because I had a marriage that failed I wasn't a failure, that even though I'd suffered loss I wasn't a loser. He knew the things that happened to me didn't define me by their harshness or ugliness, their disappointment and despair. No, he knew I was more than all that and, if anything, my circumstances made more clear my resilience and tenacity, my promise and hope -- all I was mad e for and all I am becoming.

My Heavenly Father knows that about you, too.

No matter what you are going through, he sees so much more than the circumstances.  He sees that you are made for more goodness and hope, a promise of more than what you are now or how others would limit you to be, because he made you for more, for his pleasure and his good."

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    I will be reading this book this year. My daughter gave the book to me. I really like her. I have watched some of her messages on the the internet. She's excellent.
    God bless and may you have a super new year in 2013.
    d on the kansas flint hills

    ReplyDelete

Your ideas, questions, and comments are welcome!