Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A New Agenda


Oprah Winfrey's interview with former President George W. Bush was filled with interesting political dialogue and enlightening information.

The former President's sense of humor really came out during the interview and I had a few good laughs. My favorite part was this little story he shared about his first day off with his wife, Laura after President Obama's Inauguration:


"So I'm lying on the couch and she walks in. I said, 'Free at last' and she said, 'Yeah, you're free alright. You're free to do the dishes.' I said, 'You're talking to the former president, baby!' And she said, 'Consider it your new domestic policy agenda.'"

Spoken like a true wife!

3 comments:

  1. I never watch Oprah, but happened upon this episode yesterday. My kids and I enjoyed the interview and I agree that it was refreshing to hear a more personal side of our former president. I tuned in too late to hear this story, so thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, I enjoyed hearing a more personal side of him as well. Much of what he shared from his book helped to she light on many decisions that there has been so much controversy. Good to hear his perspective and to see him as a "regular guy."

    ReplyDelete

Your ideas, questions, and comments are welcome!