Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, June 4, 2009

5 Years of Friendship, 2 Years of Courtship, 5 Years of Marriage, and...

...still going strong! 

Tomorrow hubby and I will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and we are so excited!

Hubby kicked off a little pre-celebrating last Friday, when he came home with everything he could think of that I might like: iced coffee, chocolate, and a bouquet of fresh calla lilies. This was same flower that my bouquet was made up of on our wedding day (nice touch babe;)

I shared with you the story of you how we met in this post. But, I never went into detail about our courtship. Nevertheless, seeing as a friend recently suggested that I blog more on the topic of singleness and courtship, and because I hope this blog will be a source of encouragement for both married and unmarried people, I am working on a post about our courtship story.

For now, here are a few resources that I either found to be helpful during the single/courting season of my life, or that I came across after I was married, but would have found helpful before:


Courtship and Sexual Purity:


Every Woman's Battle by Shannon Ethridge


Biblical Womanhood and Submission: 


The Power of A Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian

Also, Christa Taylor's blog, Empowered Traditionalist is a great site for young women who are single, courting, and concerned with virtuous living. 

Check our her post: What To Do While Single.


5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the courtship posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on reaching five years in a Godly marriage. May you have many many more together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you have many more eyars of love and happiness. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!
    God bless.
    This is wonderful.

    Blessings,
    ~Deanna~

    ReplyDelete

Your ideas, questions, and comments are welcome!