Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, March 12, 2012

Dear God, bless me with an iphone...

Photo Credit

Yes, I recognize the fact that I have four kids, a mortgage, bills, student loan debt, and no job. But, people like me can still dream (and pray), right?

I know you know how I long to enjoy the latest technology and a glittery phone case. I know you know that the last time I had a cell phone, texting wasn't even "in" yet. It wouldn't be such a big deal to me if perhaps my own mother wasn't sitting up having a ball texting people from her cell when I'm around. I see her looking at her phone when we're together, chuckling and enjoying her friends. Really, it is all just too much to bear.

I get excited when I think of enjoying the latest apps by apple. The freedom of having a little gadget all to myself.  I smile within when I think about having something small enough to hide in a drawer or in my purse, where it can be protected from little fingers.

Father, my desire is to be a good steward, that is why I am come to you with this request. Because, you love me and because....you know how to make things happen.

Your (phoneless) daughter,

LaSandra

3 comments:

  1. Don't know if this will make you feel better, but I do not have a smart phone either. I think AT&T is selling refurbished iphones for a penny (at least they were). You could get onto hubby's account depending on who he has. I think a second line is 10 dollars a month, but you would have to pay for data (about 30 bucks a month). Hope you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL..this is so funny. I haven't had my own cell since I got married and it didn't really bother me, but the fact that my mom sends texts and I don't own my own cell is a bit weird. Its one of those things that make you go ummmm! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Your ideas, questions, and comments are welcome!