Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Red Raspberry Leaf in Pregnancy

3809410_dfbe960d10

Have you heard about the positive effects of drinking raspberry tea during pregnancy?

A friend of mine says she drank it during her pregnancy and noticed some positive physical effects. In fact, I read an article that explains that Red Raspberry Leaf (Rubus idaeus) actually tones the uterus, improves contractions and decreases constipation!

The article explains that it is especially helpful in the 3rd trimester. However, some believe that it may be linked to miscarriage if it is consumed during the first trimester. As a result, the article states that in order to "play it safe" its best to wait until you're 36 weeks along before you begin to drink it.

You can read the entire article here.

Did you drink raspberry tea when you were pregnant? What's your take on it?



7 comments:

  1. it does sound good.
    No raspberry tea for me 30 years or so ago...man, that sounds like a long time ago...not sure it was even around back then. hahaha.
    blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't drink it with my first two because I didn't know about it, but I did with Erik and the difference with that pregnancy and the others was that I went into labour totally on my own and progressed the right way. I went into labour on my own with Elias but didn't progress fast enough in the sense that he wasn't moving down on his own. I was dilated, but they were concerned about my water breaking too soon. So it's possible that the tea helped me with Erik to do it right. I started drinking it about five or six weeks before Erik was born.

    Deanna - it was probably around, because it's been prescribed for centuries by midwives, but it was probably not recommended back then. There was a time in North America when natural remedies were frowned upon, and I think twenty, thirty years ago was about the end of it. When my mom had me, breastfeeding was pretty rare, so I would assume natural labour aids were as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't tried it, but read a lot about it and plan on getting some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My midwife had me take raspberry all through my pregnancies for uterine care. I recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard nothing but good things about raspberry tea~
    ps) I'd love for you to stop by my blog sometime! :)

    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!

    I'm Steph Cruz, one of your blog followers. I work for www.startcleaningservice.com it's a site dedicated to giving information and advice to people who are thinking about launching their own cleaning business.

    Anyhow, I sent you this email to ask if you would consider having me write a guest post on your blog. It can just be a short article about cleaning, housekeeping, household cleaning tips, window washing - or really anything that you might find interesting.
    Please let me know what you think. Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.


    Sincerely Yours,

    Anne Stephanie Cruz
    www.Startcleaningservice.com

    Steph@startcleaningservice.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I drank it during my first trimester and I did have a miscarriage. I do not know it that had anything to do with it or not.

    ReplyDelete

Your ideas, questions, and comments are welcome!