Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, January 1, 2010

Going Deeper in God's Word in 2010

Do you realize that we have not just entered a new year, but a new decade?

Can you remember where you were 10 years ago?

Can you imagine where you will be 10 years from now?

When I think back on last 10 years of my life, I can't help but to rejoice over all of the amazing things God has done! I also can't help but to feel excited about the future and about getting closer to God in this next decade.

One way I want to get closer to the Lord is to grab hold of, and to spend more time reading and speaking the word of God. The 30-day Challenge is a great start, but I don't want it to end there.

In her book, The Power of a Praying Woman, author, Stormie Omartian outlines 10 great reasons to read God's word.

10 Good Reasons to Read God's Word

1. To know where you are going.
"...Direct my steps by your word, and let no iniquity have dominion over me" (Psalm 119:133).

2. To have wisdom.
"...The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure. making wise the simple"(Psalm 19:7).

3. To find success.
"...This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it, day and night, that you may observe to do all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperouss, and then you will have good success"
( Joshua 1:8).


4. To live in purity.
"...How can a young man(woman) cleanse is way? By taking heed according to your word"(Psalm 119:9).

5. To obey God.
"...Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes, and I shall keep it to the end..."(Psalm 119:33).

6. To have joy.
"...The statues of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes"(Psalm 19:8).

7. To grow in faith.
"...So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17).

8. To find deliverance.
"....If you abide in my word, You are my disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free"(John 8:31-32).

9. To have peace.
"...Great peace have those who love your law, nothing causes them to stumble"(Psalm 119:165).

10. To distinguish good from evil.
"...Your word have I hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against you"(Psalm 119:11).
With God's word, we can't go wrong! Let's grab hold of it and go higher in Him!

1 comment:

  1. I love those reasons for reading God's word. I am constantly in need of reminder to dive into it. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Your ideas, questions, and comments are welcome!