Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mountain of God

The song below is the song that caused me to fall in love with Third Day's music. I have seen so many comments under this song on You Tube of people describing how this song carried them through while they overcame addictions and/or went through hardships. Some even said that this song caused them to be a Christian!

I don't know about you, but there are plenty of decisions I have made as a Christian that I made simply by faith. I don't know if I would have chosen particular roads in and of my own desires. No, in fact, I KNOW there are some roads I would have NEVER chosen in and of my own desires.

Nevertheless, when faced with decisions, after you go down the line of "What does God think about this?" "What does the bible say about this?" "Which way does it seem like God is leading me based on my prayers and experience with him?" and/or seeking godly counsel, you have to make a decision. The decision can be based on faith in God or fear of failure.

So, I try my best to go the faith in God route, even though some of those decisions have been hard. Some of them, I have made and lived out, and am living out, while still fighting fear and doubt.

Still, even in the hardest of times, God has shown me that he is with me. So much so, that the wonder of it all makes it hard to even explain it. Have you been there?

The comfort of knowing that no matter what is going on, that my loving, all-powerful God is in it with me, is enough to help me stay on the road. And, the wonder of how God reveals this, even at the darkest of hours, is what this song makes me think about. I hope it does that for you too!

Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. (Psalm 23:4, NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ideas, questions, and comments are welcome!