Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, May 19, 2008

What a mighty good man

I got into a discussion yesterday with a friend of mine and she shared with me this very touching story...

When my friend went into labor with her second born, her plan was to go to the hospital and her husband was to meet her there. To her surprise, after arriving at the hospital and undergoing the routine labor and delivery check in, she found out that her baby was breech as she would have to have a c-section. As you could imagine, in labor and without the presence of a loved one, my friend began to feel extremely nervous! Having had two children myself, I know there is a feeling that comes over you when anyone indicates that there may be anything unusual going on with your baby.

Well, just as my friend began to move from nervousness to full-blown PANIC, in comes her husband. My friend then explained one of the most beautiful experiences. She said that when she saw her husband walk in that room, a peace and a calm just came over her and she had this feeling that everything was going to be alright. What was so exciting for me was that I knew exactly what feeling she was referring to! Its this feeling of being safe and protected. Its a feeling of serenity and knowing that the other person has your back, and no matter what happens, your going to make it through it, because you're together!

I believe so much of the feeling I am referring to is pure trust and that "reverence" Ephesians 5:33 is talking about. Her story reminded me to be thankful to GOD for blessing me with such a wonderful, strong, loving, capable, leader of my household: my husband.

2 comments:

  1. I know how that is, too. I've never been one to feel angry with my husband when I'm in labour. I just love him more and want him to be right by my side the whole time. I do think this is because of the friendship we have and the knowledge that God brought us together and has so blessed us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree, i always felt better when my hubby was with me in L&D! and waiting for him to arrive had me feeling very anxious...

    ReplyDelete

Your ideas, questions, and comments are welcome!