Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bringing me iced coffee...


...what a wonderful way to say, "I love you."

Yesterday was my first day back to what I would call my "normal" life. Last week was an exceptionally busy week. Besides the day I spent being present for the birth of my friends first child; I spent every other day at an orientation for a summer instructor position. Yes! You heard(read) me right!...My dream of designing and facilitating my own social justice class has finally come true! I will be leading a group of high school age students through a four-week course about the effects of social and economic inequality on youth violence. Obviously, the possiblities for this class are endless.

But, I digress. "Normal" life for me entails all of the classic highlights of mommydom: diapers, crying, correcting, dishes, vacuuming, dusting, folding etc. Certainly, one should not be expected to deal with such things without at least one good cup of coffee! Right?

Nevertheless, my coffee cravings were slight in the morning and began to grow as time went on. It wasn't until 1pm, when both of my little ones fell asleep, that the "itch" for iced coffee became really strong. Thus, I was torn between crawling in bed to catch up on my own sleep, or walking a few blocks to Dunkin Donuts for my sweet iced treat. Needless to say, as much as I love iced coffee drinks, after chasing after two toddlers all morning, the nap won.

After nap time, I cooked, picked up a bit, and then we were off to visit my brothers and my nieces who are in town for the summer. As day turned into evening and evening into night, I still yearned for my iced coffee. However, I found it hard to still away. At about 9pm as I traveled back home, I figured it was getting too late and gave up on any hope of getting my iced coffee delight.

Finally, after being home and working my my blog for about an hour and a half, in walks my hubby from choir rehearsal with a unexpected surprise: a hazlenut iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts! Not only did he get major points for bringing the cofee, but also because it was specially made just the way I like it: a little coffee to go with my cream and sugar! I hadn't told my hubby about my iced coffee craving. He just decided to take the opportunity to make a random and very sweet gesture of love. Well... It looks like I got myself a keeper!

When was the last time someone "made your day" by some small thoughtful act of kindness?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ideas, questions, and comments are welcome!