Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thankful Thursday-My Church Home




Iris over at Sting my Heart started a meme called Thankful Thursday. Here's what she has to say on it:

"Why be thankful on Thursdays? We tend to just give thanks on Thanksgiving; why not share your blessings on a weekly basis with us? You don’t have to participate every week; do it as often as you can. The road of life is hard, let us count our blessings as we travel this road…"

I completely agree with her, so I have decided to join in on the Thankful Thursday fun!

This week I must say that I am extremely thankful for my local church home. Last night, I attended the weekly bible class at my church and after about 3 minutes into the lesson, my husband and I turned to each other in amazement. We realized at the same time that our pastor was up there teaching on the very same issue we have been discussing and seeking God about for the past couple of weeks! This particular issue has been an area tied to many of our test and trials. Thus, my husband and I have been desperately trying to understand God's mind on the matter. We were thrilled to unsuspectedly attend our weekly bible study, only to find the answers to our questions coming right over the pulpit! Hallelujah!

I must tell you, this is only one of the many times something like this has happened for us as a result of attending the weekly meetings at our church. Actually, I was just discussing with some friends yesterday how I wasn't to enthusiastic about being a member there initially. Nevertheless, I have come to appreciate the teaching, the leadership, and the members there so much. I honestly, can't see how I would have made it this far in my Christian walk without it. God knew just what I needed when he ordered my path and saved my soul through the fruit of this ministry.

Go ahead. You can join in too! What are you thankful for?

10 comments:

  1. Welcome to thankful thursday dear, so happy that you joined us. I enjoyed your thankful list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Denise! You've made me feel so welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi and welcome to TT!

    So blessed you decided to join in. Your blog is so nice and it's so nice to meet you.

    I hope you get to meet many new mom's out there. I'm a grandmother of 3 beautiful little girls, I had 5 sons. So, you know I'm in heaven.

    Blessed you enjoyed service and the Lord spoke to you and your hubby!

    Keep running after HIM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome to thankful thursday. glad you've joined us. may God pour out His blessings to you and your family more. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Thankful Thursday!
    Happy to "read" about your great experience at your bible study night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for welcoming everyone! I'm enjoying connecting to new people and their blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan,

    5 sons! My husband and I have two girls. We're praying the next one will be a boy though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it cool when our Lord tugs on our hearts to lead us to where we need to be. How sweet that His answer came through a message from your pastor...

    Welcome to the Thankful Thursday 'bunch'. I hope to see you often :)

    Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

    Be blessed today and always...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm its lovely when God works like that; you know, you're grappling with something and you open a passage of scripture and lo and behold! It's just so amazing...!

    Thank you so much for sharing your heart and WELCOME

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Top site, I hadn't come across virtuouslivingrocks.blogspot.com earlier during my searches!
    Continue the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Your ideas, questions, and comments are welcome!