Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, June 6, 2008

Hey! check me out...

I'm getting pretty good at this blogging thing!;) When I decided to start a blog, I had no I idea how extensive the "art of blogging" actually was. In fact, not only is blogging very popular, its so extensive that there are entire websites devoted to providing tutorials that let people in on the "tips" and "tricks" of being a "good" blogger.

Of course, I have quickly been sucked in, and must admit I was up half the night trying to figure out how to link the two buttons you now see on my sidebar. But, thanks be to God! (among other things) he's a very present help in the time of "blogging" trouble!

According to the blogging "experts" a "good" blog has buttons that link to other blogs. This aides in building a blog readership. Its also a way to show readers what's important to you without having too many words on your sidebar.

The first button is from Moms for Modesty, a great blog that is dedicated to an issue that is a vital part of virtuous living: modesty. Unfortunatley, the consumers of sexy, revealing clothing trends are getting younger and younger. Being the mother of two girls under the age of three, I even struggle to find stylish, modest clothing for them! I cringe at the thought of how difficult this will be in 10-15 years!

Realizing that many retailers, marketing and public relations firms review mommy blogs for trends and opinions, Everyday Mommy has created the Moms for Modesty Mission Statement and is asking those who also feel strongly about this to sign it in the comments of the post. You can click on the Moms for Modesty picture in the sidebar to go to her blog and sign. This is an opportunity to let your voice be heard and to effect change in this area. What other things do you think we can do to make change in this area?



Moms for Modesty Mission Statement

As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.

I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.

I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.

I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.

I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ideas, questions, and comments are welcome!