Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 5, 2009

God is Good...

...Oh yes he is!

Please believe that with all of the physical, emotional, and mental, strains that are associated with being 39 weeks pregnant, complaining has become a  persistent temptation. However, lest I make matters worse by becoming like the children of Israel, which the bible warns against saying; Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer (1 Cor 10:10), I'll opt to focus my attention on the fact that God is good! 

Among other things, God is good because:

#1) With a week until my due date, God has blessed us with just about every thing we need for the new baby!

#2) As I mentioned in this post, I've declared this week to be my nesting week. It commenced on Monday, so this is day 4 and I have already cleaned and organized two "monster" closests and the dresser in my bedroom!  

#3) In order to help me nest, Hubby decided to by take over the responsibility of cooking dinner this week! On day 2 of nesting week, He pulled an all-nighter in the kitchen, cooking three big meals that will last us awhile!

#4) Our children's god-parents have offered to take them for the day today so that after my midwife appointment, I can frolic around town and treat myself to some pampering! I'm going to get a manicure, pedicure, and then I'll be off to a hair salon!

5) Finally, just when it seemed as though I might not complete all of my nesting week goals by Saturday, a wonderful sister from our church contacted me saying she wanted to come by Saturday to help me do anything I needed!

HALLELUJAH!

"I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth (Psalm 34:1).




8 comments:

  1. Whooo Hooooo! I am glad things are working out for you. I was wondering when I would see another post. I will anxiously await the next one. Maybe pictures will be included?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful for you! It's so great to be able to pamper yourself in this way before the baby comes. What a great way to refresh and prepare for your new little blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing! A week before my little bundle of joy came I was cleaning my classroom, entering grades, and going to faculty meetings. Next time, I think I'll follow in your footsteps:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like in the middle of being hugely pregnant, God is really blessing you! Maybe you can pray some of that blessing for us - we really feel like we're being attacked with all the illness and injury going on (have you read my latest post yet?). Anyway, I'm still enjoying reading your blog and super excited for the birth of that baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so great that you're going to treat yourself to a mani/pedi/hair day. Wonderful! That's also awesome that your friend is going to help with anything left. That is, if baby boy decides to stay in your belly a bit longer. GOOD LUCK! I'm thinking of you and can't wait to meet your new little one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Cara! Hopefully, sometime next week I'll have plenty of "new baby" pictures to share!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiffany,

    Next time you're a week before your due date, I'll have to take your little one so you can enjoy some "spa time!" MMMM...perhaps this can become a little "pre-natal tradition" of some sort?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless him!!!

    sounds like fun.

    DB

    ReplyDelete

Your ideas, questions, and comments are welcome!