Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thankful Thursday-Healthy Children



As I was going through my morning routine of fixing breakfast and changing diapers this morning, I turned on the television and caught a small amount of a NBC news story on autism. The reporter said that every 20 minutes a child is diagnosed with autism. Researchers are still trying to find out more about the cause of autism and some have speculated that there may be a connection between vaccinations and autism. Nevertheless, there are also many studies concluding that they are not connected. The medical community is still at a loss.

I thought about how many children are born with severe health problems and how much of a blessing it is to have children who are healthy. I think this is one thing that can be easy to take for granted until you put yourself in the shoes of a parent who has to care for a child who may be in pain or in need of alot of special care. I pray that God blesses those parents with the grace and strength they need. I praise God for all he has done for me including blessing me with two healthy babies!

2 comments:

  1. Your thankfulness is very much related to the post I wrote this morning. I too am blessed with healthy children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God continue to sweetly bless your children.

    ReplyDelete

Your ideas, questions, and comments are welcome!